Monday, April 7, 2008

Larry Dawson L.E. Quotes

I’ve included some quotes of mine in case anyone wants to use them for their Leadership publications, blogs or books. Aside from wanting to speak at conferences I have always dreamed of writing prefaces or forwards to books. So let me know if you use the quotes to inspire other leaders!

“A good Blog has three things- A life lesson, an honest dialog back, and a bitter declaration and response from someone named “Anon.”

Anyone can write a book- but can you write a forward to someone else’s?”

“Cynicism is the new optimism!”

“A good leader knows that if passion, vision and ownership don’t get your volunteers moving- free coffee will.”

“I got tired of not being invited to speak at Leadership Conferences, so I simply started my own.”

“The other day I saw an elderly woman sweeping the leaves off of the sidewalk outside of her home. I walked away convinced that God created leaves to give old people something to do.”

“I once beat Erwin McManus at a ping-pong game. He told me later that, although right handed, he played me with his left hand. So I’ve concluded that Erwin McManus has a strong left side of his brain, but a weak left hand. I still beat him.”

“Where would television and films be without the lack of morals in society? One word- BORING.”

When I butt heads with another leader, I usually resort to snorting and stomping my foot on the ground, letting them know that this is my field, my volunteers, and my potential date for the evening (if she replies to my email.)”

“Leadership, delegation, and vision for the future would be very easy if it weren’t for other people.”

“It’s time to take the lead out of leadership and put it back in the pencil- sharpen it, then get right to the point.”

“The most important thing you need in leadership? People who are following you. Sure, you can lead a dog- at least until you run out of snacks. Heck you could lead a fly if you had a big enough pile of poop. That’s right I said it! Somebody had to.”

“Christians ought to be refocusing their protests away from same sex marriages and start focusing on what is really damaging our children’s futures. We have a major toy store in America teaching kids the incorrect way of writing the letter “R”.”

“A good leadership conference is like non-drowsy deodorant. Not sure if that product exists but that’s what it’s like. Think about it.”

“A good leadership book has three things. A good forward by someone who wrote leadership books that inspired the current leadership book, an accompanying work-book, and a most importantly, a picture of a lighthouse on the cover. Christians like lighthouses.”

“I believe the ability to use Saran plastic wrap effectively, without it getting tangled, is a gift that should be treasured and utilized within the church. You see its benefits and impact at picnics and the Sunday afternoon luncheons.”

All quotes by Larry Dawson L.E. given in various speeches, writings and comments while sitting in traffic on the 110 freeway in Los Angeles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Larry,
Glad to see you're still posting your intellectual gems. Keep up the good work!

Eric Bryant said...

Nice to meet you last week, Larry! Appreciate the insights!

Anonymous said...

Keep 'em coming. LOVE to see this "L.E." stuff. Hilarious yet so true for way too many people (sad). Get to writin'! I was hoping I'd see more after you're eloquent appearance and speech at Awaken.