Wednesday, March 26, 2008

BLOG NOW, THINK LATER

Hello Everyone and welcome to my blog! I'm Kernel Larry Dawson L.E.
You might be wondering why the letters L and E are after my name. Well, It stands for Life Experiencer.
How experienced at life am I? Well enough to know the secret In-N- Out menu. Enough to know that Australia is the size of the United States. Enough to finally own a blackberry.

Let me begin my blog with what I have learned about Blogs.

The greek word for Blog, is BLOG.

To my extensive knowledge, the origins of the word mean "To ponder and think about something you've written- only after you have already shown it publicly for all to read."

Unlike the Greek, most bloggers write under the HEBREW meaning of BLOG-- to BLOGGUS. or- BLOG. Don't be fooled. Even though it looks like Blog, it has a different meaning. Most people, especially women gravitate to the Hebrew meaning as it is more personal and enriching. For instance:

Lets throw a few BLOGS on the FIRE shall we?

1. " Today I used bananas instead of butter in my cookies for health reasons and it not only kept the cookies together but it tastes great!"

- Wow! Thanks Amy for your BLOG entry sharing with us your personal thoughts and strategies in your hobbies. Let's look at another shall we?

2. "I scolded little Billy today at the Mall. "Billy you need to be nice."
"I am being nice!" he said. "I"m being nicer than being mean!"

- Hahaha. Thats clever. What a delightful young man Billy is! Thanks so much Carla for sharing your blog selection.

Lets look at another one.

3." Michael Thorton Jr. deserves to die and should never be trusted because he owns stock in a company that has been proven to breed rabbits with back problems. He once cussed in front of a five year old holding a puppy and he's never voted in a preliminary! Never talk to him, listen to him, see him, look at him or believe him when he says anything to you. I'm devoting my life to destroying him for what he has done and it begins here and now. Check out my vacation photos I've just posted too."


--Wow. Sorry sir, but this is a Blog that's going straight into my fire. A blog that does nothing but declare and vent frustration and anger and even slander. Shouldn't we learn something from Hallmark that hurt and frustration is nothing to communicate through letters, emails or blogs?
Poor Michael didn't have a chance to refute or clear up any misconceptions, as you have established that he is guilty of all charges leaving no room for the reader to have the clearest picture of what happened or is happening. Maybe the bunny rabbits don't have back problems? Did you ever think of that? What cuss word did Michael say in front of the five year old? For all we know, Michael could have been using a scriptural reference for a donkey.

Lets hear what Jimmy says in James chapter 3.

James 3:1-12 (New Living Translation)

New Living Translation (NLT)

Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.

Controlling the Tongue
1 Dear brothers and sisters,[a] not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2 Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way.

3 We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. 4 And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong. 5 In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches.

But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. 6 And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself.[b]

7 People can tame all kinds of animals, birds, reptiles, and fish, 8 but no one can tame the tongue. It is restless and evil, full of deadly poison. 9 Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God. 10 And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right! 11 Does a spring of water bubble out with both fresh water and bitter water? 12 Does a fig tree produce olives, or a grapevine produce figs? No, and you can’t draw fresh water from a salty spring.


As gross as it sounds-- the tongue can be replaced with the POST BLOG button on your site.

Well, you get the idea. They say the biggest, meanest beast lives in a lair behind the teeth.

Life is too short to spend it tearing down others. Didn't anyone learn anything from watching Different Strokes? Or was Gary Coleman's career wasted.

I understand the mentality of a bitter blog as I once was the Saul of blogging. I spent my online time hiding behind my keyboard, wanting a place to declare- and only declare-- never discuss.
I made it my duty to expose and tear apart the people, ministries and cuddly household pets I disagreed with without understanding their hearts or what motivated their actions. My day was spent ignoring my neighbors needs to full fill my needs to hate my other neighbors.

Until my next posting-
God Bless. Amber Waves of Grain. Purple Mountains of Majesty.

Kernel Larry Dawson L.E.

0 comments: